19/12/2020

My 2020 with Josh Groban

I've always had this dream: to watch a Josh Groban's live concert. I wish it were in Brazil, but had the opportunity to see it on my birthday in this year 2020.

For several reasons and the biggest one being the pandemic, the dream was postponed (Hopefully!).

This crazy time came and I was adrift, lost.

That's when Movies Nights came about. Josh Groban's concerts, which were released on DVD in previous years, were shown on Youtube. So far, ok. Best of all, Josh himself interacted with fans in the chat.


Those special Thursday nights started on 4/16, with "Bridges Live: Madison Square Garden", the last DVD that was released sometime ago. It was a really cool experience! I met a lot of people and some have already become sister friends.

April 30 was marked by very difficult times for me at work. A day when I was shoot down with words and a game that left me very bad. But it was Movie Night with Josh Groban. I completely hung up when the exhibition of "Stages Live" started.

I always try to write correctly in the chat. Writing in English, even though I am not fluent, but always taking care not to write wrong. However, at a certain point, I started to write quickly, because I was talking to so many people and some things were written in the wrong way. I asked Josh to come to Brazil, I talked about São Paulo, I played with some friends in the chat. So, in one of the messages, I asked Josh to shout out for his fans in Latin America. See the fourth line:


And I was answered. See the highlight:


I was so touched! After a day where I just did the wrong thing, I was verbally condemned and lynched, one of my biggest dreams came true. It was late. I started calling my young brother over to help me print the screen so I could show it to the world. He helped me, but I was really confused. Only when I watched it again (afterwards - the shows were available for 48 hours), I managed to make better prints of the screen.

As the next day was a public holiday (May 1st - Labor Day, in Brazil), I stayed up late at night talking to my friends from the United States, France, Italy, Peru, Poland and Brazil. Even the messages I received from the "team" I work with for during the holiday, made no difference. Josh Groban had spoken to me on the chat, written my name! This was much bigger than anything else.

In May, we had "Awake Live", on the 14th. I interacted a lot, including (if I'm not mistaken) with an intern who worked with me. When she said she was my intern, my American friends (the oldest) felt sorry for the girl. hahahahahaha

In this concert, there is a beautiful song called "So She Dances", which played in the episode "Lisa the Drama Queen", from "The Simpsons". I made a comment about remembering that you touched the drawing. A few seconds later, Josh Groban published saying it was Lisa Simpson's favorite song. I didn't realize it was an answer, but a big brother-friend said he was talking to me.

On 05/28, we had "Live at the Greek", one of the DVDs that I had never been able to watch (even by alternative means). I interacted a lot in the chat, but I was attentive to the concert.

June came and the last Movie Night with Josh Groban. I don't remember what happened at work (probably nothing). But it was a really nice night. My friends, my friend and I agreed to chat early to talk. And so it happened. At one point, well ahead of schedule, Josh Groban writes something like "Hey, guys, I'm already here. I came in early." We greet him and continue a conversation as if everyone is at a restaurant or at a party, gathering longtime friends.

That night, before the show started, I was talking to one of my American friends and ended up writing a sentence with the wrong preposition. Josh Groban joins the conversation and says he would also miss those nights with fans and reviewing the concerts. I screamed so much. And I already made a print-screen and published it on social midia.


It was the night of "Josh Groban In Concert". The watershed of my life. I bought it some time after my grandmother (whom I miss a lot) called me to see the boy with curly hair and an angel's voice that Clodovil (was a Brazilian TV presenter) was showing the video. It was love at first sight! It was the interpretation of "Se (Cinema Paradiso)" ...

But the stories don't stop there. A livestream was announced. And ticket sales are released to all corners of the world.

Josh Groban made his first livestream on June 27th. It was too beautiful! The Internet was a little rough, but it was beautiful. I have no words to describe what I felt that day. A small structure, but with an indescribable energy.


Then, we had the announcement of three more concerts in the rooms of our houses. (It can be in the bedroom, kitchen, wherever you want). At each concert, a structure and a larger band. And very safe!


The first was dedicated to Broadway musicals and took place on 10/03. I was thrilled to hear "Impossible Dream" by "Homem de la Mancha".


It was a birthday present: I was scheduled to attend one of Josh's special concerts at the Radio City Music Hall in New York in September. I had to "replace" with the virtual one. Who said I wouldn't see Josh Groban live in 2020?

The second, on 11/26, was dedicated to the new album, "Harmony", released on 11/20. For a change, in Brazil we only have the digital version. But the concert was wonderful! The concert on Thursday, on Thanksgiving Day. Day I ran away from work and enjoyed the day, to end the concert. The transmission had some problems, but I was able to see and see again it as many times as I could for 48 hours (just like the movie nights, the platform itself lets us enjoy and enjoy more and again the online concerts).

Today, we had Josh Groban's first Christmas concert. It had to be online, but it was still exciting. He took teenagers who participate in arts projects to share the stage with him. But before that, I was already holding back the tears. The interpretation of "Little Drummer Boy" touched me. I love this song and I think it is one of the most beautiful translations of the nativity scene. When he sang "Ave Maria", I think the world died of emotion! And the concert ended with tears in those eyes that enchant me.



This concert comes the day after I closed a job that was very important during this year for me, but one of my bosses made a point of not mentioning my name. I am no longer silent (I learned from Jasmine, from Naomi Scott, in "Aladdin") and sent a very cynical message to my boss. It was the only job that I felt belonged to him and that he belonged to me during that year.

Yeah! My readers know how much I love this man. During the quarantine, several times, the songs in Josh Groban's voice were my breath, my joy and my company. Since I "met" him, he has been my comfort during difficult times.

Think of a person who spends the two hours of the concert, talking to the screen, as if in conversation with his idol. This is me! A relationship of love and, at times, of such intimacy that I curse and speak nonsense.

In 2021, I hope we have more concerts online. Valentine's Day is already on sale, but I didn't see South America there ... I hope you can spend the Carnival Sunday with Josh Groban.

That was my 2020 year with Josh Groban!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário